- Zero Down 100% Financing Mortgage Loans in KY
- KY FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie Mae Guidelines
- Guide to Closing Costs
- Rural Development Loans USDA
- Tips to ensure your mortgage closes smoothly
- What Credit Score do You Need to qualify for a FHA VA KHC Kentucky Mortgage
- Mortgage Rate Lock
- Mortgage Calculators
- Fannie Mae HomePath Ky Kentucky Fannie Mae HomePath lender
- Helpful Links
- Documents Needed for Loan Approval
- Down Payment Assistance for Ky First Time Home Buyers
Monday, June 16, 2014
Kentucky Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Conventional mortgage loan guidelines for student loans
Deferred installment debt, such as student loans, must be included as part of the borrower's recurring monthly debt obligations. For student loans, in lieu of obtaining copies of payment letters or forbearance agreements, the lender can calculate a month payment using no less than 2% of the outstanding balance. However, if any documentation is provided by the borrower that indicates the actual monthly payment, that figure must be used to qualify the borrower.
Any outstanding debt must be including in DTI. In many cases, providing the payment information will benefit the borrower instead of allowing the 2% of the loan amount to be used for payment calculations. The credit report can be used as verification of payments.